My office is located at 727 Raritan Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904. You can use Google Maps to get directions.
There is a parking area to the left of the building. Please be careful entering it, and especially exiting. There is not much room to maneuver around in there, and the driveway is on a curve. It is difficult to see what traffic is coming beyond the curve. Use caution!! Some people prefer to park on the street, rather than navigate the tight confines of the parking area. There is usually ample street parking on either N. 7th or N. 8th Avenues. However, there is no parking on Raritan Avenue in the area around my office.
As a licensed psychologist, all insurance companies will cover my services, provided that you are not required to see a therapist in a provider network. I am not a member of any insurance company networks, so if you want to use your insurance benefits, please check with your insurance company and find out:
1. Can you see an out-of-network provider?
2. What is your deductible?
3. What, if any, are the limitations on number of sessions and/or dollar amount per calendar year.
4. What percentage of the fee will they cover? What is their "reasonable and customary fee" for the service you are seeking (individual, family, group therapy)?
The answers to these questions can help you to get a handle on what your out-of-pocket expenses will be.
There has recently been an upsurge in insurance companies denying claims and authorizations for coverage. If you have had trouble with your insurance company, the State of NJ Department of Banking and Insurance has a form to make a complaint. You can find their form by clicking here. However, if your insurance is through the NJ State Health Benefits Plan, complaints regarding Magellan and NJ Direct should be addressed to:
Jean M. Williamson
Health Benefits Policy and Planning
NJ State Division of Pensions and Benefits
PO Box 295
Trenton, NJ 08625-0295
Also, the NJ Psychological Association is keeping track of such insurance abuses by collecting complaints here.
Generally, I will bill you at the last session of each month. I expect you to pay me when I give you the bill, and then you can submit the bill to your insurance company for them to reimburse you. If you need to make different arrangements, please let me know and we can discuss the options to see if there is mutually agreeable plan.
These are my current fees:
Individual, Couples, Family Therapy: $175
Group Therapy: $85
In order for therapy to be effective, you have to be here!! That may seem obvious, but in the press of daily life, with all the demands on your time, you may lose sight of this. My cancellation policy is designed to strike a balance between the importance of consistent and regular sessions, and the reality that sometimes unavoidable things come up that prevent you from keeping an appointment.
For Individual, Couples, Family Therapy:
1. You are entitled to two cancellations each year for any reason, regardless of notice given, without being charged.
2. You are entitled to planned vacation (up to four weeks per year) without being charged for sessions missed while you are away, provided that reasonable notice is given (one week minimum).
3. Any cancellations or missed appointments beyond two, and not associated with a planned vacation, will be charged for, regardless of the reason and regardless of notice given.
4. Whenever I am able, I will attempt to reschedule appointments.
For Group Therapy:
1. I allow for two cancellations each year, for any reason, regardless of notice given.
2. All missed sessions beyond the first two each year are charged for.
Please note: There is no 24-hour cancellation policy. The amount of advance notice you give me is not a relevant factor in this cancellation policy.